At Havrincourt, we are passionate about protecting the environment for our future generations.
Some things you will notice during your stay at Havrincourt.
- There is almost no plastic in site when it comes to our breakfasts! We make our own granola, and yoghurt in the Havrincourt Kitchen. All breakfast items are purchased in bulk and provided in reusable glass jars and bottles. There is a loaf of bread in the breadmaker for you and you won’t see any single use packets for butter, jam or milk. The only plastic you will see at breakfast is the loaf of Allergywise bread and bacon in the freezer. We freeze it to reduce waste and avoid cross contamination with allergens.
- We use bulk Ecostore cleaning products as well as handwash, body wash, shampoo and conditioner provided for your use in glass bottles with pumps. We do not provide single use, individually wrapped toiletries.
- Our rubbish bins are all lined with plant based liners.
- There is a Hungry Bin Worm Farm provided at each house for composting of food scraps.
- We recycle all glass, plastic 1,2,5, tins and cans but where possible we reduce the need to use these items at all.
- Where possible, meals are provided in ceramic dishes with silicone and glass lids to reduce the use of plastic wrap. When we have to use wrap, we choose a 50% plant based option.
- The eggs we provide are straight from our farm from our own happy hens! It doesn’t get better than that!
- We wash and line dry (weather permitting) all our own beautiful linen. We avoid using nasty bleaches and excessive use of chemicals.