McRaes Historic Woolshed
The McRaes historic woolshed is believed to have been built in the late 1870’s by Duncan and Isabella McRae. In April 2022, the boundaries of Havrincourt were extended to include, the woolshed, Thanks to the support of the Waitaki District Heritage Fund we are currently undertaking repair work to water proof the building, and repair the damaged yard to ensure their survival.
21st October 2022. The roof repairs are complete and the porthole lean which was a later addition, has been removed. The spouting is yet to be replaced and the stone walls of the building are repointed.